KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to interact with diverse groups of students, parents, guidance counselors and college personnel in a positive manner.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Outstanding organizational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle confidential information.
- Knowledge of Chestnut Hill College.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and car insurance.
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized college/university required.
- 1 year experience in admissions or professional experience in marketing/sales required.
- Bi-lingual, Spanish
- Manage all activities related to prospective students, applicants, school districts and colleges from a specific territory/population
- Attend regional and national college fairs (virtual where applicable)
- Report on recruitment initiatives, including tracking of inquiries, applications, follow-up contacts, campus visits, etc. that allow for the analysis of strategies
- Maintain over a 110 telephone, email, written and personal contact with prospective students, families and school personnel
- Conduct interviews and information sessions for all populations, and when appropriate, tours of campus
- Promptly respond to phone calls, email and inquires
- Manage application flow. Evaluate admissions applications and make admissions decisions or recommendations in a timely fashion. Work closely with financial aid and other offices on campus to provide information students need to convert acceptances to enrollments
- Participation in extensive travel: visit over a 100 schools and fairs (both in and out of state); attend special programs to talk with prospects, families, guidance counselors and school administrations about the college’s programs and offerings (virtual where applicable)
- Coordinate special projects as assigned
- Provide back-up counseling and interviewing support for financial aid as needed.
- Assist in the writing and editing of enrollment materials
- Frequent evening and weekend work required – hours vary by day, but the standard hours are 10-6pm and/or 11-7pm
- Other duties as assigned
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume to Jobs@chc.edu (Jobs@chc.edu). No phone calls please.
Chestnut Hill College is an employer committed to a culture of diversity and inclusion as a core value. In an effort to support our diverse student community, we embrace equal access and welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, and encourage applications from groups underrepresented in higher education. We are committed to increasing the diversity of the college community and the curriculum.