The Accounts Payable Coordinator/Purchasing Agent is responsible primarily for processing invoices for payment within the parameters of College policy and generally accepted accounting principles.
- At least 3-5 years of accounts payable experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree in related field is preferred.
- Candidate must demonstrate the ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
- Ability to interact with personnel on all levels, to work independently and to maintain strict confidentiality are required.
- Strong organizational and communication skills are necessary.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Jenzabar systems is preferred.
- Receive and process purchase order and payment requests.
- Review payment requests to ensure proper supporting documentation and approvals are included.
- Enter approved invoices, reimbursements and student refunds in the Jenzabar accounting system for payment in a timely fashion.
- Oversee the College’s P-Card program and e-Commerce platform including managing various payment options.
- Monitor vendor accounts to ensure payments are up to date.
- Prepare and maintain reports necessary to the A/P process and for reconciliation to the general ledger.
- Maintain A/P files including vendor payments, W-9 forms, and check registers.
- Assist in review of the preparation of the annual 1099 forms.
- Upload payment files and voided checks to the bank for compliance with Positive Pay.
- Respond to vendor and department inquiries regarding the status of payments and related items.
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues.
- Assist the Controller with various payment analysis, projects, and the monthly closing process.
- Support the Senior Accountant with the A/P Bank account reconciliation as well as various journal entries and other assignments.
- Enforce Purchase Order policy verifying three quotes are provided, accounts numbers are given, and funds are in the budget before assigning a PO number.
- Other duties as assigned.
Currently the College is requiring COVID vaccines for all faculty, staff, and students. There will be limited exemptions for medical or religious reasons.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Jobs@chc.edu. No phone calls please.
Chestnut Hill College is an employer committed to a culture of diversity and inclusion as a core value. In an effort to support our diverse student community, we embrace equal access and welcome application from candidates of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, and encourage applications from groups underrepresented in higher education. We are committed to increasing the diversity of the college community and the curriculum.