The Academic Advisor coordinates academic student services with the Director of Academic Advising to help student achieve their goals and work toward degree completion
- Master's degree
- Relevant experience in a college setting
- Teaching experience preferred
- Experience with advising students
- Strong understanding of confidentiality and adherence to FERPA regulations
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to develop positive relationships with students and faculty
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and Jenzabar
- Demonstrated managerial and team building skills
- Advise current and prospective students about curricular requirements related to academic objectives, major/ minor options, and registration procedures.
- Serve as an integral member of the summer and transfer orientation experiences for new students
- Receive and respond to referral reports from faculty regarding class attendance, academic performance issues and other academic and interpersonal challenges.
- Monitor and support students in Fall Success Program, hosting meetings and workshops
- Meet with, counsel and advise students placed on academic warning and develop an academic contract for each of these students.
- Maintain accurate records of student interventions.
- Meet with specific populations of new students in need of academic support.
- Work with faculty to develop ways to better serve students.
- Assist with managing Academic Advising budget.
- Assist students in the absence of their faculty advisor, especially students who are undeclared with a major or are at high academic risk.
- Serve as a member of the Wellness Committee to identify high-risk students and develop appropriate student-centered interventions.
- Work collaboratively with staff from Student Life to develop holistic plans that best address student needs, including needs for students in crisis.
- Advise transfer students
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Interested candidate should send a cover letter and resume to Jobs@chc.edu. No phone calls please.
Chestnut Hill College is an employer committed to a culture of diversity and inclusion as a core value. In an effort to support our diverse student community, we embrace equal access and welcome application from candidates of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, and encourage applications from groups underrepresented in higher education. We are committed to increasing the diversity of the college community and the curriculum.