About The Maguire Scholars Program
The Maguire Scholars’ partners will select students coming out of high school, to provide “last dollar” scholarship support to students in their incoming freshman class for four years of matriculation. Maguire Scholars are selected by their respective institutions, must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of a 3.0 or higher, and are an active participant in school and/or community volunteer extracurricular activities.
Eligibility for the Maguire Scholarships
- Demonstrate financial need by having an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of $0 - $10,000.
- Be a graduate of one of the participating high schools
- Qualify for admission to selected institution.
- Students must have at least a 3.0 grade average or equivalent in high school.
- Students must be engaged in community service and/or extracurricular activities.
- Student or family must contribute at least $5000 per year to tuition, room & board ($1000 at a community college).
- Student participates with regular “intrusive counseling” in accordancewith University requirements.
- Student agrees to participate in an annual Maguire Scholars Program event.
- Complete the Maguire Scholars Program Application (below).
- Send a letter of recommendation from supervisor of a volunteer/community service or extracurricular activity.