In order to process your Federal Direct Loan (subsidized or unsubsidized), you will need to complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN) and Loan Entrance Counseling. Please follow the instructions below to complete the MPN and Entrance Counseling electronically.
- Go to https://studentloans.gov.
- Click on the green button to sign in. You will need your social security number and your FAFSA Personal Identification Number (PIN). If you cannot remember your PIN, you can retrieve it at www.pin.ed.gov.
- After signing in, complete your MPN.
- You will need to e-sign your MPN with your Personal Identification Number (PIN) that you used to e-sign your FAFSA.
- Loan Entrance Counseling is required for first-time borrowers. Entrance Counseling is a federal regulation mandated by the Department of Education which explains your rights and responsibilities as a student borrower.
- If you are a new borrower, you will not receive credit for your Federal Direct Loan until both the Master Promissory Note AND Loan Entrance Counseling is completed.
- If you need assistance completing your MPN, please call the Direct Loan customer service center at 800.557.7397.