In order to process your Federal Direct Loan (subsidized or unsubsidized), you will need to complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN) and Loan Entrance Counseling. Please follow the instructions below to complete the MPN and Entrance Counseling electronically.
- Go to https://studentloans.gov.
- Click on the green button to sign in. You will need your social security number and your FSA ID number. If you cannot remember your FSA ID# , you can retrieve it at https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm.
- After signing in, complete your MPN.
- You will need to e-sign your MPN with your FSA ID number that you used to e-sign your FAFSA.
- Loan Entrance Counseling is required for first-time borrowers. Entrance Counseling is a federal regulation mandated by the Department of Education which explains your rights and responsibilities as a student borrower.
- If you are a new borrower, you will not receive credit for your Federal Direct Loan until both the Master Promissory Note AND Loan Entrance Counseling is completed.
- If you need assistance completing your MPN, please call the Direct Loan customer service center at 800.557.7397.