The Office of Diversity and Inclusion at Chestnut Hill College supports various programs and activities on campus in an effort to encourage students, faculty, staff and the entire college community to come together and reflect on being a diverse and inclusive campus. To that end, the Office of Diversity and Inclusion (ODI), operates under these organizing principles:
- Equity, diversity, inclusion and racial justice are values central to the Mission of Chestnut Hill College and, as such, are institutional priorities in planning, decision making, and allocation of resources at all levels.
- Providing opportunities for education, exploration and dialogue among all members of the College Community will support continued efforts toward promoting and practicing these values.
ODI offers the following services in support of this mission:
- Policy review and updates to comply with federal state laws impacting equal opportunity and protected groups
- Curriculum development and review to infuse diversity and inclusion tenets into academic courses
- Education and training of diversity and inclusion principles
- Consultation and investigation of discrimination complaints
In order to bring the College Community together, ODI offers the following programs/activities:
- Diversity and Inclusion training/workshops for students, faculty and staff
- Diversity Spotlight Series: difficult dialog sessions for faculty and staff that feature current diversity-related topics or personal diversity stories from members of the campus community
- Diversity in Motion Pictures: movie series featuring popular culture films with an emphasis on race, sexual orientation, religion, gender, generational divide, class and ability. All movies are followed with an in-depth discussion led by student and staff facilitators.
- Cultural Awareness Series: invites you to join in an exploration of our diverse society as we celebrate the heritage month and special diversity days. The presentations illuminate differences in cultural perspectives and sharpen understanding of the ways in which we are interconnected through educational, informational and social platforms.
- Hispanic Heritage Month
- National Coming Out Day and LGBTQ History Month
- Native American Heritage Month
- Martin Luther King Day of Service
- Black History Month
- Chinese/Lunar New Year
- Women's History Month
- Asian Pacific American Heritage Month
- International Day for People with Disabilities