Disability Resource Center
Accommodations for Students with Disabilities
Chestnut Hill College is in compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the ADA of 1990, and the ADAAA of 2008 and provides reasonable accommodations to students with disabilities. Students requesting accommodations are required to submit substantive and current documentation indicating the nature and duration of their condition, the need for such accommodations, and how the diagnosed condition currently impacts functioning and causes substantial limitation. This documentation should be submitted to Kristin Tracy, Director of the Disabilities Resource Center at the following address:
Chestnut Hill College
Disability Resource Center
Room 331, Saint Joseph Hall
9601 Germantown Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19118
1. Contact the Admissions Office to obtain an Accommodations’ Packet or contact the Disabilities Resource Center at 215-753-3655 or email@example.com for this information.
2. The Accommodations’ Packet contains:
* The College reserves the right to require additional documentation if the Committee on Disabilities feels they need more information in order to make their decisions. The Director of the Disabilities Resource Center will contact the student in writing if more documentation is required. In addition, she or a designee may also contact specialists listed on the Release of Confidential Records/Student Record Release form for additional information or clarification of information.
3. The completed Accommodations’ Packet including supporting documentation can be submitted to the Director of the Disabilities Resource Center.
* Please be aware that the review, approval and orientation process can take up to four weeks and accommodations are not retroactive. All requests will be considered on an individual basis and will take into account each student’s unique situation.
4. The Chestnut Hill College Committee on Disabilities will review the Accommodations Packet and make a determination of eligibility and provide suggestions for “reasonable” accommodations in relationship to Chestnut Hill College’s policies and federal law.
5. If a student qualifies as “in need of accommodations,” an Accommodation(s) Letter outlining the approved accommodations will be developed. The Director of the Disabilities Resource Center or her designee will forward the letter to the student and instruct the student to give the letter to the instructors of each of the courses the student is taking in order to activate the accommodations.
6. If the Committee on Disabilities determines that a student does not qualify for accommodations, a letter outlining the decision and the reason for the decision will be developed by the Committee on Disabilities. The Director of the Disabilities Resource Center will forward the letter to the student.
7. If a student does not agree with the decision of the Committee on Disabilities regarding the question of eligibility or the reasonable accommodations offered, then the student may submit a Disabilities Appeal Form. The form should be forwarded to the Vice President for Academic Affairs (VPAA), St. Joseph’s Hall, Room 332, 3rd Floor for review. The Disability Appeals Form can be obtained from the Director of the Disabilities Resource Center in St Joseph’s Hall, Room 331, 3rd floor.
Student Accomodation Renewal Form