Suzanne Conway, M.A.
Associate Professor of Art History
Art, Art History, Music, and Music Education Department
Office Location: St. Joseph Hall, 2nd flr., West Wing, SJ209
Office Phone: 215.248.7183
- M.A., Columbia University
- A.B., Finch College
- Introduction to Western Art
- 17th Century Art
- 18th Century French Art
- 19th Century French Art
- 15th Century Italian Art
- Michelangelo and his Times
- Paris: an Urban History
- Looking at Landscape Design
- Traditional African Art
- Childhood Studies
- The dairies (les laiteries d'agrements) designed for Marie-Antoinette, the Marquis de Laborde, and others
- Late 18th century French painting, landscape design and architecture
- The oeuvre of Hubert Robert
- The history of imagery related to women breastfeeding
- 18th century French portraits of women nursing infants
- Interdisciplinary enquiry into the history of "childhood"
Other Academic Information
- 2007 - "The Many Faces of Marie-Antoinette" - Science and Art of Germantown
- 2005 - "Child at the Breast - an Art Historical Perspective" - International Conference on Childhood, University of Tours, France
- 2004 - "Mothers' Milk: Continuing Controversies" - Chestnut Hill College Faculty Colloquium - jointly with Sara Ellen Kitchen, J.D.
- 2002 - "Marie Antoinette: the National Breast of France" - Chestnut Hill College Faculty Colloquium
- 2001 - "Political Iconography at the Laiterie de la Reine at Rambouillet"
- 2001 - "Stories of the Breast" - interdisciplinary panel, Graduate Dept. of Comparative Literature and Literary Theory, University of Pennsylvania
- 2001 - "The Queen's Dairy at Rambouillet: Neoclassical romanticism and Politics" - Penn Humanities Forum Seminar, University of Pennsylvania