Phi Delta Kappa
Phi Delta Kappa is looking for graduate students or individuals with graduate degrees in education to become members of a chapter at Chestnut Hill College. Phi Delta Kappa is committed to "excellence in public education" by providing educational services and professional growth and is considered to be one of the most prestigious educational organizations in the world.
As a member of Phi Delta Kappa you will be entitled to a wide array of benefits. A few of the high points include:
- Journals such as the Phi Delta Kappan, a journal that is published 10 times per year from September to June and is considered to be an outstanding education journal. Other journals include research bulletins, Phi Delta Kappa Washington Newsletter, as well as fastbacks and books published by the PDK Educational Foundation.
- International travel tours sponsored by Phi Delta Kappa including trips to Russia, the People's Republic of China, Italy, Scotland and other countries all around the world.
- Various fellowships and scholarships for members of Phi Delta Kappa to assist with continued education and PDK sponsored tours.
- Continued professional training and development from The Center for Professional Development and Services as well as The International Curriculum Management Audit Center.
A few of the benefits at the Chapter level include the following:
- Chapter sponsored seminar/lectures from individuals recognized as outstanding educators, scholars and researchers in the education field. In addition, media presentations are made available for chapter programs, service activities or community groups.
- Chapter Scholarship Grants and District Project Awards.
- Scholarship Grants for prospective educators and Summer Camp/Institute for prospective teachers. As a member of Phi Delta Kappa not only will you be able to take advantage of the benefits listed above, more importantly is the sense of community and pride in being a member of an organization that promotes quality education.
If you would like to learn more about Phi Delta Kappa, please visit their website at www.pdkintl.org or contact the Chestnut Hill College graduate office at 215.248.7170.
If you would like more information about Chestnut Hill College's Chapter of Phi Delta Kappa, please email ASA5897@aol.com.